|Meizu MX-3 Unveiled with 128GB Storage and Exynos 5-Octa Processor|
Meizu unveiled the latest of their MX series not in Berlin's IFA but on their homeland at the Beijing National Aquatics Center. Meet the MX3, a 5.1-inch device with 1800x1080 resolution (an odd 15:9 aspect ratio), 128GB of on-board storage and powered by the Samsung Exynos 5-Octa processor.
The Exynos 5-Octo is the same chipset inside the Samsung Galaxy SIV with four Cortex-A15 cores clocked at 1.6GHz and four Cortex-A7 cores clocked at 1.2GHz, PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU coupled with 2GB of RAM.
- Tri-Band GSM/EDGE/GPRS and Dual Band HSPA+
- 5.1" capacitive LCD 1800x1080 resolution, 15:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2 with Flyme 3.0 UI
- Quad Core 1.6GHz Cortex-A15 plus Quad Core 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 CPU, PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU, Samsung Exynos 5-Octa chipset
- 2GB of RAM
- 16/32/64/126GB internal
- 8MP auto focus main camera with LED Flash, f2.0 lens, 1080p Video Recording @ 30fps
- 2MP secondary camera
- GPS with A-GPS support
- WiFi 802.11 /b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Multiple Media Player
- Sensors: Light, Proximity, Sound, Compass, Gyro
- 2400mAh Sony Cell Battery
- Others: Fujitsu Image Chip, Wolfson WM5102 Audio Chip
The above specification is top-notch worthy of being a flagship. The MX3 cost 2499 RMB or about PHP18000, its predecessor MX2 is currently selling in the Philippines for about 9000 pesos. The price seems to be OK, however the lack of official support in our country is the major drawback, online sellers only provide service warranty.