I was in SM Manila last Sunday for the usual gadget hunt and one thing caught my attention, the JXD S7300. I thought it was the Wii U GamePad but upon a closer look it isn't. It is also a game pad but based on Android 4.1, has 7-inch capacitive screen and all sorts of gaming controls.
- 7" capacitive touchscreen LCD (1024x600), 5-point multitouch
- Android Jelly Bean 4.1
- 1.5GHz Dual Core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali400 MP2 GPU, Amlogic MX chipset
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB of internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via micro SD card
- VGA front camera
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi Hotspot, DLNA
- Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG function
- TV Out via HDMI (1080p)
Since it runs on Android (rooted by default) you can download the games you like in Play Store. The game pad is also pre-loaded with 9 popular emulators namely PS1, N64, Arcade CP1/CP2/Neo-Geo, GBA, SFC, MD, FC.
Since S7300 has a touchscreen panel you can use also on-screen buttons to play games but it would defeat its purpose. So if the game supports button mapping better play it via its hardware controls. Games like Shadow Gun, Armed Warrior and many more supports hardware buttons.
If you own this device, please kindly share your experience in the comment section below.