The Kata i3 was first spotted on their website late last year and earlier this month they already start the pre-order of their latest flagship for Php8,499.
This is just 800 pesos more expensive than the Kata i2, with that price difference you will get a better screen resolution (HD vs. qHD) and better cameras (13MP vs. 8MP main & 5MP vs. 2MP front). Not only that, it is also 1.1mm thinner.
- Dual SIM , Dual Standby
- Quad Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, Tri-Band HSPA+
- 5" capacitive IPS HD (1280x720) touchscreen display
- Dimensions: 143.66mm x 72.2mm x 8.3mm
- Weight: 153.2 grams
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 quad core CPU, Mali-400 GPU, MediaTek MT6582 chipset
- 1GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via micro SD card
- 13MP auto focus main camera with LED flash
- 5MP secondary camera
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, WiFi Hotspot
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- Stereo FM Radio
- GPS with A-GPS
- MP3/MP4 Player
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer
- 2250mAh Li-Ion Battery
Hopefully they will also include freebies like a leather/flip case and screen protector like what they did before with their previous devices. For pre-orders, just head to the nearest Kata/Owtel shops and kiosks.
BTW, you might also win this Kata i3 on their latest promo dubbed as "Caption It, To Win It."