|Samsung Announced Gear S Smartwatch with 3G Connectivity|
Ahead of the IFA in Berlin, Samsung Electronics unveiled their next smartwatch that brings more capabilities - the Samsung Gear S.
The newest wearable from the South Korea-based company sports a 2-inch curved Super AMOLED display having 480x360 resolution powered by a 1GHz dual core CPU coupled with 512MB of RAM and 4GB of ROM.
Unlike most smartwatch, the Gear S has a built-in Nano SIM slot and is capable of making and receiving calls with the help of a Bluetooth headset. Not only that, it is also has its own 3G modem which allows you to be connected online anywhere you are.
It is also a perfect companion for health and fitness enthusiasts since it has multiple sensors and built-in GPS plus enhanced apps like HERE for turn-by-turn navigation, S Health and Nike+ Running. Oh, I almost forgot, it is also IP67 certified or commonly known as dust and water resistant.
No information yet on its international pricing, but it is expected to arrive sometime this October 2014.
- Quad band 2G/3G
- 2-inch capacitive Super AMOLED (480x360) touchscreen display
- Dimensions: 39.9mm x 58.1mm x 12.5mm
- Weight: 67 grams (blue, black) 84 grams (white)
- IP67 Certified, water and dust resistant
- Tizen-based wearable platform
- 1GHz dual core processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB internal, non-expandable
- Music player
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.1
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, gyroscope, compass, barometer, heart rate
- 300mAh Li-Ion battery
- Price: TBA