Launched at their homeland, the MX4 is the successor of the MX3, it boasts that it uses the newest MediaTek MT6595 processor, making it the first smartphone to be powered by that chipset. The MT6595 is an octa core chip based on quad core Cortex-A17 plus quad core Cortex-A7 with an integrated LTE modem. According to some leaks, it reached more than 42+++ mark in Antutu benchmark, a few thousand points higher than a typical Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor.
The MX4 has a 5.3-inch IPS OGS capacitive touchscreen display made by Japanese screen maker Sharp/JDI. There is also a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on top to ensure that it is protected against scratches.
Camera enthusiast will also be happy with its Sony-made 20.7MP main camera having a premium IMX220 Exmore RS Sensor and a five-element f/2.2 aperture lens. It is also capable of recording videos up to 4K resolution. Meanwhile, the front camera has a Sony IMX208 sensor with f/2.0 aperture.
Other features include a massive 3100mAh batter, dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac for wider and faster coverage, NXP audio processor, Bluetooth and GPS.
It will be available in three ROM sizes namely 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. It runs on Meizu Flyme OS, which is basically a based on Android 4.4. KitKat.
In the country, Novo7Tech is the distributor of Meizu products and we are hoping to see the MX4 in their stores soon.
- Dual SIM dual standby, supports 4G/LTE
- 5.36-inch capacitive IPS OGS (1920x1152) touchscreen display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Dimensions: 144mm x 75.2mm x 8.9mm
- Weight: 147 grams
- Flyme OS v.4.0 based on Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2.2GHz quad core Cortex-A17 CPU + 1.7GHz quad core Cortex-A7 CPU, 600MHz PowerVR G6200MP4 GPU, MediaTek MT6595 chipset
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 20.7MP f/2.2 auto focus main camera with LED flash, Sony IM220 Exmor RS sensor
- 2MP f/2.0 secondary camera, Sony IMX208 sensor
- Multimedia player
- FM Radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, proximity, gyroscope, compass, Hall effect
- 3100mAh battery
- Price: TBA