|Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Now Official, 5.7-inch Quad HD Snapdragon 805 Chipset|
One of the most highly anticipated smartphone today, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, is now finally official at the Samsung Unpacked 2014 Episode 2 event in the Berlin.
The Galaxy Note 4 has the same 5.7-inch screen like its predecessor, but its resolution has grown bigger from Full HD (1920x1080, 386PPI) to Quad HD (2560x1440, 515PPI). Its Super AMOLED display is protected by a layer of 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3, a kind of glass that curves at the edges.
It will come in two variants, one being powered by a 2.7GHz quad core Krait 450 Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU and the other one by Samsung's own octa core chipset having 1.9GHz quad core Cortext-A57 + 1.3GHz quad core Cortex-A53 processor with Mali-T760 GPU. Both versions will have 3GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of internal storage, expandable storage up to 64GB.
Design wise, it has similar metal chassis first seen in the Galaxy Alpha while the back is also similar to Galaxy Note 3 faux leather, but without the stitching.
The enhanced S-Pen has now 2048 pressure points, which according to Samsung can replicate or comparable to a real life analog pen. Together with the new software, it offers different functions such as smart select and several mouse-like actions. There is also a new Snap Note app, which converts the words in a photo to an editable text.
There is a 16MP OIS main camera at the back that can record 2160p videos at 30fps and 1080p videos at 60fps. At the front you have a 3.7MP wide-angle f/1.9 aperture secondary camera, which also offers "selfie-panorama".
The Galaxy Note 4 runs on Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box and comes it different colors namely black, white, pink and gold.
- 5.7-inch capacitive Super AMOLED Quad HD (2560x1440) touchscreen display, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Dimensions: 153.5mm x 78.6mm x 8.5mm
- Weight: 176g
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2.7GHz Quad Core Krait 450 CPU, Adreno 420 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset
- 1.9GHz Quad Core Cortex-A57 CPU + 1.3GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-T760 GPU, Samsung Exynos 5433 chipset
- 3GB of RAM
- 32/64GB internal, expandable up to 64GB via microSD
- 16MP OIS auto focus main camera with LED Flash,
- 3.7MP secondary camera
- 2160p at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps video recording
- Multimedia Player
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS and Baidu
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.1
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gravity, Compass, Barometer, Gesture, UV, Heart Rate, Sp02
- 3220mAh Li-Ion battery, supports fast charging
- Price: TBA