|Samsung Unveiled Galaxy Note Edge with Curved Display|
Most of us know that the Galaxy Note 4 will be the star of the Samsung Unpacked 2014 event, however, only a few or none at all expect the appearance of the Galaxy Note Edge.
The Note Edge has basically the same internals with the Note 4, their main difference is the curved screen on the right side, which adds 160 pixels to the Quad HD resolution making it 1600 x 2560.
The Edge Screen provides Quick Glance information when the phone is locked. When the phone is awake, it provides access to most commonly used apps, alerts and notifications without disturbing main screen.
Overall, the Note Edge is just like a Note 4 with added functionalities at the folded screen. It is wider than the Note 4 (82.4mm versus 78.6mm) but it is thinner at 8.3mm compared t 8.5mm plus it is also lighter by 2 grams.
- 5.6-inch capacitive Super AMOLED Quad HD+ (2560x1440 + 160) touchscreen display, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Dimensions: 151.3mm x 82.4mm x 8.3mm
- Weight: 174g
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2.7GHz Quad Core Krait 450 CPU, Adreno 420 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset
- 1.9GHz Quad Core Cortex-A57 CPU + 1.3GHz Quad Core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-T760 GPU, Samsung Exynos 5433 chipset
- 3GB of RAM
- 32/64GB internal, expandable up to 64GB via microSD
- 16MP OIS auto focus main camera with LED Flash
- 3.7MP secondary camera
- 2160p at 30fps and 1080p at 60fps video recording
- Multimedia Player
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS and Baidu
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.1
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gravity, Compass, Barometer, Gesture, UV, Heart Rate, Sp02
- 3000mAh Li-Ion battery, supports fast charging
- Price: TBA