|ASUS Unveiled ZenFone Zoom, World's Thinnest 3x Optical Zoom Smartphone|
Along with the ZenFone 2, ASUS also unveiled at the CES 2015 the world's thinnest smartphone with 3x optical zoom - the ZenFone Zoom.
The ZenFone Zoom is typically a ZenFone 2 with its main camera in steroid, it has a 13MP 10-element variable aperture - f/2.7 to f/4.8 lens with 3x optical zoom, laser autofocus, optical image stabilization and dual-color Real Tone flash.
With just about 1.05mm addition to the phone's girth (ZenFone 2 has a 10.9mm thickness while ZenFone Zoom has 11.95mm) they managed to stuff all those amazing camera features.
Other specs are pretty much the same, 5.5-inch full HD IPS display, LTE connectivity, 3000mAh battery, up to 128GB of internal storage and runs on Android Lollipop with ZenUI.
It has two color options, namely Meteorite Black and Glacier White. It will be available in coming Q2 for a retail price tag of USD399.
- Dual micro SIM, dual standby, supports LTE
- 5.5-inch IPS capacitive Full HD (1920x1080) touchscreen display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Dimensions: 158.9mm x 78.84mm x 11.95mm
- Weight: 185 grams
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with ZenUI
- 1.8GHz/2.3GHz 64-bit CPU, PowerVR Series 6 - G6430 GPU, Intel Atom Z3560/Z3580 chipset (TBC)
- 2GB/4GB of RAM (TBC)
- 128GB internal storage
- 13MP auto focus main camera with dual-color Real Tone flash, f/2.7 to f/4.8 aperture, 3x optical zoom
- 5MP f/2.0 secondary camera
- Multimedia player
- FM Radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, proximity, gyroscope, magnetic
- 3000mAh Li-Po battery
- Price: USD399