|ASUS Fonepad 7 Launched Locally For Php6,995|
Along with the 64-bit ASUS Fonepad 8, ASUS Philippines also announced the local availability of the ASUS Fonepad 7 with model number FE171CG.
The new ASUS Fonepad 7 is a complete overhaul in terms of design compared to its older sibling, the FE170CG. It is now only 7.9mm thin as opposed to the 10.7mm thickness of its predecessor plus it is 10 grams lighter (280 grams versus 290 grams).
The screen size and resolution remain the same, 7-inch and WSVGA (1024x600) respectively. In addition, the processor is still the 1.2GHz dual core Intel Atom Z2520, but this time the RAM is doubled - 2GB versus 1GB and has 4x more ROM - 16GB versus 4GB. Other improvements include 5MP main camera and 2MP secondary snapper while the other specs were left untouched.
It has a retail price tag of Php6,995 and available in black, white, red and gold colors.
- Quad band 2G/3G
- Dual SIM (micro) dual standby
- 7-inch capacitive IPS WSGA (1024x600) touchscreen display
- Dimensions: 196mm x 110.6mm x 7.9mm
- Weight: 280g
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 1.2GHz Dual Core Intel Atom Z2520
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via microSD
- 5MP main camera with LED Flash, 720p video recording
- 2MP secondary camera
- Multimedia Player
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- GPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11b/g/n, supports Miracast
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.0
- 4000mAh Li-Po battery