|Nissan Launched GT Academy in the Philippines, A Virtual-To-Pro Racing Competition|
Nissan Philippines Inc., officially joined the GT Academy, an international virtual-to-reality competition that turns the best of the best Gran Turismo gamers to a real-life professional race car drivers.
The GT Academy offers an exciting opportunity to all Filipinos of all legal ages to experience this highly rewarding competition and the possibility to emerge as an important discovery in the racing world.
To become victorious, the player needs to conquer the five stages or gears of the academy:
- The Recruitment (April to June) - 20 gamers will be selected based on the best time during the live racing events
- National Finals (July) - 6 players will be picked among the 20 qualifiers
- The Race Camp Week - the 6 Filipinos will compete with other Gran Turismo drivers in Asia at Silverstone Racing Circuit in UK
- Driver Development Program - the emerging Asian champion will be trained under professional coaches and racers
- Graduation - graduates will receive an international category C license, allowing them to compete in prestigious racing events in the world
The actual schedules are yet to be announced, so if driving on the race track is your ultimate dream, better ready your Sony Play Station and practice more often. For live updates and more information, you can visit www.facebook.com/NissanPhilippinesInc