|ASUS ZenWatch 2 Announced at Computex 2015 in Taipei|
Together with the ZenFone Selfie, ASUS also announced at Computex 2015 in Taipei, Taiwan their second generation wearable device, the ASUS ZenWatch 2.
The ASUS ZenWatch 2 is produced in partnership with Google and powered by Qualcomm processor and runs on the latest Android Wear. It serves as a smart companion for Android devices by providing the user the needed information and important notifications by just interacting with the watch.
On top of that, it also comes with exclusive features such as Remote Camera wherein the wearer remotely sees the viewfinder and control the camera of the connected device straight from their wrist, and a Wellness app for activity and fitness tracking.
Related: ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML Quick Review, The Affordable Flagship
In terms of design, it has AMOLED display protected by 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It features a high-quality stainless-steel case that is available in two sizes (49mm x 41mm with 22mm strap and 45mm x 37mm with 18mm strap), three different kinds of body colors and three different types of strap materials.
No mention yet about its availability and pricing.
ASUS ZenWatch 2 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 49mm x 41mm (WI501Q), 45mm x37mm (WI502Q)
- Body colors: silver, gun-metal, rose-gold
- AMOLED display, 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android Wear OS
- Qualcomm processor
- Strap width: 22mm (WI501Q), 18mm (WI502Q)
- Strap materials: rubber, leather, metal
- IP67 certified
- Charging: Magnet charger cable
- Mobile power bank: Chargeback (WI501Q only)