|Xiaomi Mi 4i Lands Locally, Yours For Php9,799|
Last April, the Xiaomi Mi 4i was introduced internationally and was initially available in India. Last night, Xiaomi Philippines formally announced its local availability and it can be yours for Php9,799.
The Xiaomi Mi 4i sports a stunning 5-inch IPS display with full HD resolution, which translates to about 441 pixels per inch plus Corning OGS glass for added protection. It also has Sunlight Display technology, which helps the screen to adapt faster to the available light. Unlike the usual automatic brightness feature found in other smartphone, the Mi 4i uses hardware-level implementation instead of software-level.
|Xiaomi Mi 4i|
On the inside, it is powered by second generation 64-bit Snapdragon 615 processor with 8 CPU cores, four of which are clocked at 1.7GHz for high-performance tasks and the other four are clocked at 1.1GHz each for less demanding applications. It also has 2GB of RAM to handle multitasking smoothly and 16GB of internal storage for apps and games.
Related: Xiaomi Redmi 2 Review, Moving Up
In terms of camera modules, there is a 13MP at the back with f/2.0 aperture accompanied by two-tone LED flash and the front has a 5MP resolution with f/1.8 aperture for wide-angle selfies. Other specs worth mentioning are dual SIM capability with LTE, dual band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, USB OTG support, 3120mAh battery and runs on MIUI 6 based on Android Lollipop.
It will be available this coming July 29 online via Lazada and will immediately roll out to authorized re-sellers three days after, August 1. Meanwhile, Smart Communications will be the exclusive Telco partner of Xiaomi for this device, no mention yet about the actual postpaid plans, but the pre-registration page for interested consumers is already up.
Xiaomi Mi 4i Specifications:
- Dual micro SIM, dual standby, dual LTE
- 5-inch IPS capacitive Full HD (1920x1080) touchscreen display, Corning OGS glass
- Dimensions: 138.1mm x 69.6mm x 7.8mm
- Weight: 130 grams
- MIUI 6 based on Android Lollipop
- 64-bit 1.7GHz quad core Cortex-A53 CPU + 1.1GHz quad core Cortex-A53 CPU, Adreno 405 GPU, 2nd Gen Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 13MP f/2.0 auto focus main camera with two-tone LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP f/1.8 secondary camera
- Multimedia player
- FM Radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS and BDS
- Dual band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Wireless Display, WiFi Hotspot
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.1 LE
- Sensor: accelerometer, light, proximity, orientation, magnetic
- 3120mAh Li-Pol non-removable battery
- Price: Php9,799