|Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Officially Launches in the Philippines for Php36,990|
During the local Samsung Galaxy Unpacked Event held at the Marriott Grand Ballroom in Newport City Complex, Pasay City, Samsung Philippines took the stage to announce locally one of the two latest flagship of the Korean manufacturer, one of which is the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 boasts an all-metal body with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 wrapped on its front and back, it is the first device from the Galaxy Note series that have a unibody design. It has the same 5.7-inch Quad HD display as the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, but the pixel density and screen-to-body ratio are slightly higher due to narrower frame. It is also 0.9mm thinner and 5 grams lighter than its predecessor.
Under the hood, the SGN5 has almost the same internals with the Samsung Galaxy S6, albeit, it has bigger RAM, which is 4GB. Both devices are powered by Exynos 7420 octa core processor with four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.5GHz each and another four Cortex-A57 cores clocked at 2.1GHz each combined with Mali-T760MP8 as its graphics processing unit. In terms of storage, users can choose between 32GB and 64GB, sadly, there is no card slot for memory expansion. The rest of the specs are pretty much identical to the SGS6.
It is now available for pre-order with a suggested retail price tag of Php36,990 for the 32GB variant. Those who will reserve their unit until the end of the month will get amazing freebies, namely Wireless Dock, Clear View Cover, micro USB OTG connector, 1 year premium gadget insurance, extended 2-year warranty and Php500 worth of Uber credits.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Specifications:
- Single SIM, supports LTE Category 9/6
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560x1440) Super AMOLED touchscreen display
- All metal body with front and back Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Fingerprint sensor
- S Pen stylus
- Dimensions: 153.2mm x 76.1mm x 7.6mm
- Weight: 171 grams
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- 2.1GHz 64-bit quad core Cortex-A57 CPU + 1.5GHz 64-bit quad core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-T760MP8 GPU, Samsung Exynos 7420 chipset, 14nm process
- 4GB of RAM
- 32GB/64 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16MP f/1.9 auto focus main camera with LED flash, 2160p video recording
- 5MP f/1.9 secondary camera
- Multimedia player
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, proximity, magnetic, barometer, heart rate
- 3000mAh Li-Po non-removable battery, wireless charging
- Price: Php36,990