|Samsung Galaxy S7 Announced, 5.1 QHD Display, Snapdragon 820, 4GB RAM, 12MP f/1.7 Dual Pixel Camera|
Earlier today at the Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona, Samsung has finally unveiled two of its latest flagship smartphones, once of which is the Samsung Galaxy S7.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 has a similar genetic, physical design with its predecessor, but packs more impressive internals. Depending on the market, it will be powered by either Samsung Exynos 8 Octa 8990 or the Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 chipset coupled with 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM. On the other hand, the on board storage is 32GB or 64GB plus up to 200GB more via a micro SD card slot, a feature that most users missed with the previous model. However, there is a catch, if you opt to choose bigger storage, the phone will lose its dual SIM capability as it is using hybrid tray.
In terms of chipset used, the former is an ARMv8 64-bit octa core processor that employs 4 Cortex-A57 cores clocked at 2.3GHz each and another 4 Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.6GHz each bundled with ARM Mali-T880MP12 as its graphics processing unit, wherein the 12 denotes a whopping 12 GPU cores. Meanwhile, the latter is the newest SoC from Qualcomm - a 64-bit quad core Kryo CPU clocked up to 2.15GHz combined with Andreno 530 GPU, which, according to the chip maker is twice as powerful than the Snapdragon 810 and 40% much better when compared to Adreno 430 GPU.
See Also: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ Officially Launches in the Philippines, Starts At Php39,990
The main camera is a 12MP shooter, it may have lower resolution than the 16MP found in the Galaxy S6, but it has better imaging capability, especially in low-light condition. How? Because of its brighter lens with f/1.7 aperture and Dual Pixel technology, the first of its kind on a smartphone. It also has optical image stabilization and focusing ability of as fast as 0.15 seconds. Meanwhile, the front camera is equally capable too, having a 5MP resolution and the same f/1.7 aperture for wider selfies.
Another important feature of the Galaxy S7 is being IP68-certified, the highest rating in the industry so far. This simply means that it can be submerged in water of up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes as well as being dust-resistant, what is more amazing is that the ports have no covers. Battery wise, it has 3000mAh capacity, upped from 2550mAh of last year.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Specifications:
- Dual (micro+nano) SIM, supports LTE
- 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560x1440) Super AMOLED touchscreen display, 577PPI
- All metal body with front and back Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Fingerprint sensor, Samsung Pay
- IP68-certified, water-resistant and dust-proof
- Dimensions: 142.4mm x 69.6mm x 7.9mm
- Weight: 152 grams
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, TouchWiz UI
- 2.3GHz 64-bit quad core Cortex-A57 CPU + 1.6GHz 64-bit quad core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-T880MP12 GPU, Samsung Exynos 8990 chipset
- 2.15GHz dual core + 1.6GHz dual core 64-bit Kryo CPU, Adreno 530 GPU, Qualcomm MSMS8996 Snapdragon 820 chipset
- 4GB of RAM
- 32GB/64 internal storage, expandable up to 200GB via a micro SD card, uses SIM 2 slot
- 12MP f/1.7 Dual Pixel OIS auto focus main camera with LED flash, 2160p video recording
- 5MP f/1.7 secondary camera, 1440p video recording
- Multimedia player
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, proximity, magnetic, barometer, heart rate
- 3000mAh Li-Ion non-removable battery, wireless charging, fast charging
- Colors: black, white, silver, gold