|Lenovo Announces Modular Moto Z; SD820, 4GB RAM, 5.5-inch QHD Display, 13MP Camera with OIS|
During Lenovo's celebrated Tech World event, the Chinese multinational company has unveiled its latest offerings, including the product of its acquisition - Motorola. Newly launched is the Moto Z – a modular smartphone that wants to revolutionize how we use smartphones today.
The Motorola Moto Z's primary feature is its modularity. Similar to the Vibe X2 that was launched in 2014, the Moto Z works on modules called “MotoMods” that users will have to snap on its back. There are several modules including JBL's speaker Mod and a projector Mod. Furthermore, Incipio also partnered with the company to make the most simple named “StyleMods,” which lets you add a textured cover to the back.
|Motorola Moto Mods (click to enlarge)|
As far as the Moto Z's specifications go, there's a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset running under its hood. It's paired with 4GB of RAM, while storage variants go from 32GB to 64GB, which can also be expanded up to 256GB via the micro SD card slot. It also features a 5.5-inch QHD AMOLED display, and it's juiced up by a 2,600mAh battery.
Also Read: Lenovo PHAB2 Plus Launched, Sports 64-bit Quad Core LTE and Dual 13MP Main Camera
For photography, the Moto Z comes with a 13MP primary shooter with OIS and Laser Autofocus. It also features a 5MP front facing camera for selfies and video calls. The Moto Z runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. Furthermore, USB Type-C is also in tow.
At the time of writing, it's still unknown as to how much the Moto Z will cost. However, it's expected to be released in the market sometime in September of this year.
Moto Z Specs:
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 13(700)
- Nano SIM
- 5.5-inch QHD(1440x2560) Super AMOLED touchscreen display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Dimensions: 153.3mm x 75.3mm x 5.2mm
- Weight: 136 grams
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- 4GB of RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via a micro SD card
- 13MP Camera, f/1.8, laser autofocus, OIS, dual-LED flash
- 5MP Camera , f/2.2, 1.4 µm
- Multimedia player
- USB Type-C
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 2,600mAh
- Color: Black/Gray, Black/Rose Gold, Black/Gold, White