|Apple Unleashes the iPhone 7 Plus; Sports Dual Main Camera w/ 2X Optical Zoom|
Apple had kicked off the trend in releasing two variants of its handset to battle the likes of behemoth smartphones hailing from the Android race. This year, Cupertino keeps it that way by releasing the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7 Plus. And now, the whole world has its eyes on the bigger sibling due to its newer features as compared to the standard offering.
Probably the most important confirmation to take note of is the iPhone 7 Plus' dual camera setup. It makes use of two cameras to work as a 2x optical zoom. Furthermore, both 12MP cameras can work together to bring a depth of field effect to wow its users. Similar to the standard iPhone 7, it also features a four-LED flash setup that can greatly help during poor lighting conditions. However, Apple is still retaining the very noticeable camera bump.
The iPhone 7 Plus' performance will rely on the new A10 fusion chipset that features a quad-core CPU, which also consists of two high-performance cores and two power-efficient cores. The GPU also receives an upgrade, making it capable of delivering about 50% increase in performance.
Design-wise, the iPhone 7 Plus carries the familiar shape of the iPhone 6, albeit with some changes here and there, plus more color options such as Jet Black and another anodized Black variant.
However, Apple also ditched the 3.5mm audio jack standard. Good thing there's an included adapter to fit in your conventional headphones. Also, the iPhone 7 Plus now comes with stereo speakers to deliver a more surreal audio experience. In terms of battery life, Apple claims that the iPhone 7 Plus can last an hour longer than its predecessor.
Preorder starts on September 9 for the iPhone 7 Plus, and price starts at $769.
Apple iPhone 7 Plus Specifications:
- Single Nano SIM, supports LTE Cat. 6
- 5.5-inch IPS (1920x1080) capacitive touchscreen LED-backlit LCD
- Dimensions: 158.2mm x 77.9mm x 7.3mm
- Weight: 188 grams
- IP67 certified - dust proof and water resistant
- iOS 10
- Quad core CPU, hexa-core GPU, Apple A10 Fusion chipset
- 2GB of RAM
- 32GB/128GB/256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- Dual 12MP (f/1.8 + f/2.8) phase detection auto focus main camera with quad LED flash, 4K video recording @ 30fps
- 7MP f2.2 secondary camera, 1080p video recording
- Multimedia player
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Lightning port
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Sensor: fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, light, gyroscope, compass, barometer
- Battery: lithium-ion, non-removable
- Price: starts at USD769
- Colors: gold, rose gold, silver, black, jet black