|HTC One A9s Now Official, Helio P10 and 3GB RAM Inside Metal Unibody|
HTC’s devices, even in today’s standards, are considered as premium, that most would look elsewhere if they’re searching for a budget-oriented handset. For one, the company’s One A9 with its premium build and equally premium hardware specifications are somewhat hard to get for its price. With that said, HTC may be thinking of downgrading its internals a bit to lower down the price, and that seems to be what the One A9s is all about.
For starters, the HTC One A9s still features the very same metal build with its physical button down the center. There’s also a layer of Gorilla Glass to keep it safe from scratches and whatnot, so you’re still covered with that.
See Also: HTC Nexus "Sailfish" Detailed; 5-inch FHD, 64-bit Octa Core Chipset, USB-C, Fingerprint Scanner
On the other hand, while HTC still kept the 5-inch display on the One A9s, it moved down to a lower resolution at 720p. It’s still great by today’s standards, but 1080p is still an eye candy in its league. Of course, its internal hardware also received some changes. It’s now equipped with a Helio P10 with an octa-core A53 CPU that’s paired with 2GB or 3GB of RAM per your configuration. The camera is still at 13MP, but it’s a different sensor this time around.
The HTC One A9s is set for an October release, but pricing at the moment is yet to be announced. However, judging from the naming convention and the downgrade in hardware, you can expect it to trail behind the original A9.
HTC One A9s Specifications:
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G/WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100MHz
- FDD-LTE: B1/3/7/8/20
- TDD-LTE- B38/40
- Single Nano SIM
- 5-inch IPS capacitive HD (1280x720) touchscreen display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Dimensions: 146.49mm x 71.5mm x 7.99mm
- Weight: 149.8 grams
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Sense UI
- 64-bit octa core CPU Cortex-A53 (4x1.8GHz + 4x1.0GHz), ARM Mali-T860MP2 GPU, MediaTek MT6755 P10 chipset
- 2GB/3GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via micro SD, dedicated slot
- 13MP f/2.2 auto focus BSI main camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP f/2.8 secondary camera, 1080p video recording
- Multimedia player
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Sensor: fingerprint, accelerometer, light, proximity, compass, magnetic
- Battery: 2300mAh lithium-ion, non-removable
- Price: TBA
- Colors: black, gold, silver