|Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Explosion Puts Samsung in Hot Water|
Samsung now has too much on its plate to deal with, but it seems the trouble won’t likely stop anytime soon as another one of the company’s handsets have exploded. According to reports, a Galaxy S7 Edge had caught fire inside a pocket, which lead to second and third degree burns to the user.
Daniel Ramirez, the owner of the handset that exploded, was working at a constructing site in Ohio when the handset located inside his front pocket suddenly made noisy sounds that were followed up by a smoke. During then, Ramirez attempted to remove the Galaxy S7 Edge from his pocket, and in the process suffered burns on his hand. After that, the handset exploded inside the pocket, which lead to more burns on Ramirez. The explosion had resulted to burn injuries to Ramirez’s legs, groin, and lower back that needed “skin graft surgery” and will require “extensive physical therapy moving forward.”
Do take note that the incident happened a couple of months ago back in May, and it has just surfaced now following news and reports of the Galaxy Note 7 exploding. Now, Samsung is facing a product liability lawsuit. We’ll be keeping track of this and see how it will develop in the future.