|Sony Launches Xperia XZ at IFA 2016|
Sony’s handsets here in the country are treated as premium, and most of the Japanese company’s offerings are designed to target photography enthusiasts and those who demand topnotch performance in a classy handset. Now, Sony is furthering its goals as it announces two new handsets at IFA 2016, one of which is the Xperia XZ flagship smartphone.
The Sony Xperia XZ is the sequel to the well-received Xperia X. Unlike the previous handsets in the series, the Xperia XZ features a new design to keep it fresh. Furthermore, Sony went a new material called ALKALEIODO for the flagship. It’s a trademarked name for something built out of a rounded aluminum piece.
Also Read: Sony Unveils Handsets to Support Android 7.0 Nougat
In terms of specifications, the Xperia XZ has the makings of what a flagship should be. For starters, it comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset paired with 3GB of RAM. The display is at a nice 5.2-inch panel with 1080p resolution. It also features 32GB of internal storage, which can be expanded up to 200GB via micro SD card slot. Sony also does away with the traditional micro USB 2.0, and instead switches to the USB Type-C standard. Its camera performance relies on its 23MP primary shooter with color and phase detection, and a 13MP selfie shooter in front. On the other hand, the battery is at a solid 2,900mAh.
Official pricing and unavailability is yet to be official, but you can expect it to carry a price tag that’s equal to or above of what a flagship handset should carry.
SONY Xperia XZ Specifications:
- Single/Dual Nano SIM, supports LTE connectivity
- 5.2-inch IPS FHD (1920x1080) capacitive touchscreen display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- IP68 certified (water resistant and dust proof)
- Dimensions: 146mm x 72mm x 8.1mm
- Weight: 161 grams
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with planned upgrade to Nougat
- 2.15GHz dual core + 1.6GHz dual core 64-bit Kryo CPU, Adreno 530 GPU, Qualcomm MSMS8996 Snapdragon 820 chipset
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via a micro SD card, uses dedicated slot
- 23MP f/2.0 auto focus main camera, 4K video recording
- 13MP f/2.0 secondary camera, 1080p video recording
- Multimedia player
- High-Res Audio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth v4.2
- USB Type-C with OTG support
- Sensors: fingerprint, accelerometer, e-compass, gyroscope, proximity, barometer
- Battery: 2900mAh Li-Ion, non-removable, Quick Charge 3.0
- Color: deep pink, forest blue, mineral black
- Price: TBA