|Huawei Y5 2017 Quietly Launched; Quad Core w/ 3000mAh Battery|
Without any big announcement, Huawei has listed the 2017 version of the 5-inch Y5 entry-level smartphone on its website.
The new entry-level Y5 2017 focuses on power with its 3000mAh polymer battery that Huawei claims can last up to 1.5 days on a single charge and capable of working at over 80% battery capacity even after 800 charges.
See also: Huawei P10 and P10 Plus Pre-Order Starts on April 6
This is the successor to the Y5 II and it flaunts a 5-inch HD display, powered by a 1.4GHz MediaTek MT6737T quad-core processor with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage that is expandable up to 128GB via microSD. And, it comes with an 8MP main camera with dual LED flash and a 5MP front snapper with LED flash, running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The Huawei Y5 2017 is available in gold, pink, blue, white, and gray colors. There is no announcement yet regarding its price, though.
Huawei Y5 2017 Specifications:
- Dual SIM, supports LTE connectivity
- 5-inch IPS capacitive HD (1280 x 720) touchscreen display
- Dimensions: 143.8mm x 72mm x 8.4mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Quad-core (1.4GHz Cortex-A53 CPU cores), Mali-T720MP2 GPU, MediaTek MT6737T
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- 8MP f/2.0 main camera with autofocus and dual LED flash
- 5MP secondary camera with LED flash
- Multimedia player
- FM radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-polymer
- Colors: gold, pink, blue, white, gray