|Apple iPhone 5S|
The Apple continues in its tradition that having an S in iPhone name signifies that it will have the same physical dimension with its predecessor. The iPhone 5S still live for that, it looks pretty similar to the iPhone 5 except for the additional color at launch. It is what inside the difference kicks in, the new iPhone uses an Apple A7 chipset which they claim has twice the CPU and GPU power than the A6 powering the iPhone 5.
The A7 together with the iOS7 are based on a 64-bit architecture, which Apple claims to be the first in the industry. It also supports OpenGL ES 3.0 for higher quality graphics output. The iPhone 5S is also equipped with an M7 companion processor for more motion sensing capability.
|Apple iPhone 5S Camera|
The camera is still an 8MP but will bigger sensor and wider aperture. There are dual LED flash of different color temperature to help the phone achieve a better and richer color tone. This time, it can also shoot 720p slow-motion video with 120 frame rate per second.
- Quad-Band GSM, Penta-Band HSPA, LTE
- 4.0" capacitive IPS LCD (640 x 1136), Corning Gorilla Glass2
- Apple A7 chipset
- 16/32/64GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 8MP auto focus main camera with LED Flash, 1080p Video Recording, 720p Slow Motion
- 1.2MP secondary camera, 720p Video Recording
- GPS with A-GPS Support and GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, WiFi Hotspot
- 3.5mm Audio Jack
- TV Out
- Proprietary USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, M7 Motion Co-Processor, Finger Print
- 1440 Li-Po non-removable battery
|Apple iPhone 5 Touch ID|
Apple also boasts the Touch ID function which adds security to the owner by using their fingers as a passcode. This is done by placing the finger in the home button which has embedded sensor behind the sapphire crystal lens. This is something similar to what Motorala Atrix had implemented on their power button more than 2 years ago.
Pricing wise I believed it will cost above 32,000 pesos for the 16GB variant when arrive in the Philippines by December. If you currently own an iPhone 5 would it be a worthy upgrade? Head on comment section below for your opinions and thought.