|Kata Fishtab 3|
Kata is an Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) based from Hong Kong and was established in October 2010. They entered the Philippine market last March 2011 through the effort of Owtel Shop selling mainly smartphones and tablets.
Recently they launched the Kata Fishtab 3 or T3 which boasts a 1.6GHz quad-core CPU, Mali-400MP GPU coupled with 2GB of RAM.
- 7.9" capacitive IPS touchscreen display (1024x768) , 5-point multi-touch
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- 1.6GHz Cortex-A9 Quad Core CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, Rockchip RK3188 Chipset
- 2GB of RAM
- 8GB internal, expandable up to 64GB via microSD
- 5MP main camera without Flash, VGA video recording
- 2MP secondary camera, VGA video recording
- GPS (TBC)
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, WiFi Display
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- Stereo FM Radio
- Multi Media Player
- Micro USB 2.0, OTG Support
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 4400mAh non-removable battery
The specs are pretty decent, I run the Antutu benchmark and I was impressed it scored more than 19K.
Design wise, it has many similarities with the Apple iPad Mini like the screen size and aluminum body. I put its 5MP camera to test and I can say that its quality is just average, the shot below was taken in broad daylight.
The video recording capability is limited to VGA (both cameras), which seems to be too low for a device with powerful internals.
|5MP Sample Shot|
The T3 has a retail price of Php10,999 but it is currently on 30% sale until end of this year. Therefore you can get this tablet for as low as 7,699 pesos however the freebies (screen protector and case) are not included.
For the discounted price, I think it is a good choice to look at when you are planning on buying a tablet. Complete review will be made in a week or two, please pitch me the things you want to be included in the comment section below.