Lenovo Philippines released their most affordable Android smartphone yet, the A269i which can be yours for only Php2,799. It has a 3.5-inch capacitive touchscreen display and supports dual SIM dual standby.
- Dual SIM , Dual Standby
- Dual Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE. Single Band 3G (TBC)
- 3.5" capacitive HVGA (320x480) touchscreen display
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 1GHz Cortex-A7 Dual Core CPU, Mali-400 GPU, MediaTek MT6572 chipset
- 256MB of RAM
- 512MB internal, expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- 2MP main camera without flash
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- MP3/MP4 Player
- Micro USB 2.0
- 1300mAh battery
The specs are quite similar with O+ 8.31z but it is even cheaper considering the fact that it is a big international manufacturer. It seems that Lenovo would like to take a slice on the low-end smartphone market mainly dominated by local brands.
The fact that they can lower their phone price to this level means a healthier competition in the local scene which in turn gives the consumers more options to look at.