|Box of Cherry Mobile Sonic 2.0|
I went to the mall earlier today where I am supposedly going to buy the Cherry Mobile Amber, while already in the process of checking the unit, the stocks of Cherry Mobile Sonic 2.0 arrived. Thankfully the saleslady allowed me to purchase the Sonic 2.0 instead.
|Specs at the back|
The Sonic 2 has a 4-inch screen with WVGA resolution and powered a 1.2GHz quad core processor from Broadcom coupled with 1GB of RAM.
- Dual SIM , Dual Standby
- Tri-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, Dual Band HSPA+
- 4" capacitive WVGA (800x480) touchscreen display, 2-point multi-touch
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- 1.2GHz Cortex-A7 quad core CPU, VideoCore IV GPU, Broadcom BCM 23550 chipset
- 1GB of RAM
- 4GB internal, expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- 5MP main camera with LED flash
- VGA secondary camera
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, WiFi Hotspot
- GPS with A-GPS
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- Stereo FM Radio
- MP3/MP4 Player
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity
- 1400mAh Li-Ion Battery
The box is made of two-part cardboard, the white one is smaller and it slides through the outer shell (green one). The first thing you will see is the handset, underneath it is the free jelly case and the usual sets of accessories.
The jelly case is just the generic one and you need to check it carefully because you might get one that is deformed.
The front has no screen protector installed (except the one you see above) and since it is not scratch-resistant I suggest you buy one and ask them to install it for you.
The back cover is made of matte plastic, it is not prone to smudges or fingerprints.
The retail package consists the unit, battery, charger/USB cable combo, wired headset, manual and the free jelly case.
The preview will be out soon followed by the full review in a week or two.