|O+ 8.17, 5-inch HD Hexa Core Android KitKat Phablet for Php10,995|
While browsing the Oplus Online shop, I found one interesting addition to their smartphone lineup, the Oplus 8.17.
The O+ 8.17 sports a 5-inch IPS high-definition touchscreen display powered by a 1.5GHz hexa core processor. Yep, you read it right, it has a hexa core CPU, which makes it the first of its kind in the local market.
There was no mention about the chipset, but we believed that it is the MediaTek MT6591 which has six Cortex-A7 CPU cores and the Mali-450 GPU.
At the back of the phone is an 8MP auto focus main camera accompanied by an LED flash while in the front there is a 2MP wide angle secondary camera.
Related: O+ USA AIR Review: Unconfined Space
Connectivity wise, it has dual SIM slots that can accommodate a regular SIM and a micro SIM, 3G high speed internet, WiFi and Bluetooth.
I also checked their Facebook page to look for additional information and found out that aside from the O+ 8.17, there are three more latest devices from them, namely O+ Grande, O+ 8.93 and O+ 8.33.
Going back to the O+ 8.17, it runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and has a suggested retail price of Php10,995.
- Quad band 2G, dual band 3G
- Dual SIM (regular+micro) dual standby
- 5-inch capacitive IPS HD (1280x720) touchscreen display
- Dimensions: 147.7mm x 72.7mm x 8.7mm
- Weight: 146 grams
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 1.5GHz hexa core CPU, Mali-450MP GPU MediaTek, MT6591 chipset (TBC)
- 1GB of RAM (TBC)
- 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via micro SD
- 8MP auto focus main camera with LED Flash
- 2MP secondary camera
- GPS with A-GPS and EPO assistance
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, WiFi Hotspot
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- Stereo FM Radio
- Multimedia Player
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG function
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, proximity
- 2000mAh battery
- Price: Php10,995
Source: O+ Shop, O+ FB