|BlackBerry Unveils the BlackBerry Passport in the Country, Yours for Php35,790|
Last November 25, BlackBerry Limited introduced in the Philippines their latest product and innovation - the BlackBerry Passport.
The passport is a symbol of mobility, and it is one of the reasons why the Canadian company named their flagship device after it. It is a smartphone built for business professionals who are productivity-driven, a mobile tool that can get the jobs done without sacrificing portability and style.
Related: BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 Free At Globe's Postpaid Plan
It features a large square 4.5-inch display that boasts a 1:1 aspect ratio of 1440x1440 resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for protection plus touch-enabled QWERTY keypad. Under the hood is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.26GHz each coupled with a massive 3GB of RAM.
In terms of storage, you get 32GB of internal memory and a memory slot that can handle up to 128GB of micro SD card. In addition, it has OTG function and can handle an external flash drive.
Meanwhile, the main camera that is located at the back sports a 13MP sensor, the highest resolution so far from any BlackBerry device. It can record full HD videos at 60fps.
Since this is designed for mobile professionals, it runs on the latest BlackBerry 10.3 OS that is equipped with tons of productivity tools such as Docs To Go, Hub, Blend and Dropbox integration. It also has a 3450mAh battery that can last up to 30 hours of moderate use.
To learn more about this groundbreaking phone, you can check our unboxing and hands-on video.
Unboxing and Hands-on Video
- Quad band 2G, penta band 3G, multiple band LTE
- 4.5-inch capacitive IPS touchscreen LCD, 1440x1440 resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Touch-enabled QWERTY keyboard
- Dimensions: 128mm x 90.3mm x 9.3mm
- Weight: 196g
- BlackBerry 10.3 OS
- 2.26GHz Quad Core Krait 400 CPU, Adreno 330 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD
- 13MP auto focus main camera with LED Flash, 1080p at 60fps video recording
- 2MP secondary camera, 720p video recording at 30fps
- Multimedia Player
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG function
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, proximity, gyro, compass, barometer
- 3450mAh Li-Ion non-removable battery
- Price: Php35,790
The BlackBerry Passport is now available through authorized resellers for Php35,790. It will also be coming on Smart Communications and Globe Telecom some time in December. For more information, you can visit www.blackberry.com/passport