|SKK Mobile Launches Ding Ding Iron 2 and Iron 2 Plus|
Ding Ding Technology, the premium brand handled and distributed by SKK Mobile, launched today two of its toughest smartphones, the Ding Ding Iron 2 and Ding Ding Iron 2 Plus.
Both devices boast 5-inch HD display, which translates to about 294 pixels per inch and IPS technology for better viewing angles. On the inside, is a MediaTek MT6582 processor with 4 CPU cores clocked at 1.3GHz each and Mali-400MP2 as the graphics processing unit. The Iron 2 comes with 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM while the Iron 2 plus doubles those amounts to 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage.
Related: Ding Ding SK1 Review
As mentioned above, the Ding Ding Iron series is about toughness, its screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3, which you can use to break Walnuts or as a new chopping board for your kitchen. Meanwhile, its body is housed in a solid metal frame, which is hard enough to hammer nails through woods.
Both smartphones packed 13MP main camera on its back accompanied by an LED flash and another 5MP secondary camera for selfies and video calling on the front. These dual SIM phones run on slightly modified Android 4.4.4 KitKat and powered by 2,200mAh battery.
The Ding Ding Iron 2 retails for Php5,399 while the Ding Ding Iron 2 Plus has an SRP of Php6,599, both of which comes with free jelly case and screen protector.
Ding Ding Iron 2 and Iron 2 Plus Specifications:
- Dual SIM, dual standby, supports 3G/HSPA+
- 5-inch capacitive IPS OGS HD (1280x720) touchscreen display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- 1.3GHz quad core Cortex-A7 CPU, Mali-400MP2 GPU, MediaTek MT6582 chipset
- 1GB of RAM/8GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB (Iron 2)
- 2GB of RAM/16GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB (Iron 2 Plus)
- 13MP auto focus main camera with LED flash
- 5MP secondary camera with LED flash
- Multimedia player
- FM Radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, proximity
- 2200mAh non-removable battery
- Price: Php5,399 (Iron 2), Php6,599 (Iron 2 Plus)
- Freebies: screen protector & jelly case