|Elephone S1 Unveils in the Philippines for Php3,999: Premium Build and Fingerprint Scanner for Budget-Conscious Consumers|
Together with the top-of-the-line P9000 and the mid-ranger P8000 comes another smartphone offering from the Chinese manufacturer, one of the most, if not the most beautifully crafted entry-level device I have ever seen, the Elephone S1.
It sports a 5-inch display that has a 720p resolution, IPS panel and supports up to 5-point touch. Under the hood are the modest internal components, a 1.3GHz quad core MediaTek MT6580 chipset backed with 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage, expandable up to 64GB via micro SD card.
The Elephone S1 may be a device for budget-conscious consumers, but it upped the ante for having a premium metal frame and double-sided glass (front and back covered with glass). Not only that, it also comes with a fingerprint sensor, a very rare feature found on phones in the Php4K category. Moreover, it packs acceptable cameras, at least on paper, a primary 13MP auto focus shooter and a 2MP secondary one for taking selfie.
Like its two other siblings, it will be exclusively available at Lazada next week, April 18 starting at 12NN.
Elephone S1 Specifications:
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G: 900/1900/2100MHz
- Dual SIM (micro+nano), dual standby
- 5-inch IPS HD (1280x720) capacitive touchscreen display
- Dimensions: 138.9mm x 69.6mm x 6.7mm
- Weight: TBC
- Fingerprint scanner
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Freeme OS on top
- 1.3GHz quad core Cortex-A7 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, MediaTek MT6580 chipset
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via micro SD card
- 13MP SONY IMX149 auto main camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 2MP secondary camera
- Multimedia player
- FM Radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensor: accelerometer, light, proximity
- Battery: 1800mAh lithium-polymer, non-removable
- Price: Php3,999
- Colors: black, white