|Cherry Mobile M1 Launched, MediaTek Helio X20, 4GB RAM, 21MP SONY Camera for Php11,990|
Cherry Mobile launched earlier today their most powerful device and the best smartphone today from any local brand in terms of specification, the Cherry Mobile M1.
The Cherry Mobile M1 is the first local device to sport a deca-core chipset, to be specific, a MediaTek MT6797 or commonly known as Helio X20. This particular SoC is composed of 10 CPU cores grouped into 3 clusters - 2 Cortex-A72 at 2.3GHz each, 4 Cortex-A53e at 2GHz each and four Cortex-A53 at 1.4GHz each. It also employs a powerful GPU in the name of ARM Mali-T880M4 clocked at 700MHz.
|The Cherry Mobile M1|
Apart from being the first to have Helio X20, it is also the first smartphone from a local brand to have 4GB of RAM, USB Type-C port and 21MP SONY IMX230 camera module. Moreover, these things are not commonly seen in any brand, even from those big names, except for those flagship devices like Samusng Galaxy S7, SONY Xperia Z5, which we all know are highly expensive. But for the case of the M1, you only paying 1/3 of the price, which is Php11,990.
See Also: Cherry Mobile Flare Selfie Review: Budget Camera Phone At Its Finest
Other specs worth mentioning are 3,600mAh battery with quick charging support (0-100 for 1&1/2 hours), fingerprint sensor for added security, NFC for effortless pairing and runs on Android Marshmallow out of the box.
Cherry Mobile M1 Specifications:
- 3G: 900/1900/2100MHz
- LTE: 800/1800/2100/2300/2600MHz
- Dual nano SIM, dual standby
- 5.5-inch IPS capacitive FHD (1920x1080) touchscreen display, Asahi Dragontrail Glass protection
- Dimensions: 152.5mm x 76.35mm x 9.8mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 2.3GHz dual core Cortex-A72 CPU + 2GHz quad core Cortex-A53e CPU + 1.4GHz quad core Cortex-A53 CPU, 700MHz ARM Mali-880MP4 GPU, MediaTek MT6797 Helio X20 chipset
- 4GB of RAM
- 32GB of ROM, non-expandable
- 21MP PDAF BSI SONY IMX230 main camera with dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- 8MP secondary camera
- Multimedia player
- FM Radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- USB Type-C with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.1
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, proximity
- Battery: 3600mAh, non-removable
- Price: Php11,990