|Xiaomi Redmi Pro Goes Official; 10-Core Helio X25, 4GB RAM, Dual Rear Camera, Starts At Php10.6K|
Xiaomi has finally unveiled the latest flagship device under its Redmi series that boasts powerful specs yet still affordable, the Xiaomi Redmi Pro.
The Xiaomi Redmi Pro sports a 5.5-inch OLED capacitive display with Full HD resolution housed in brushed aluminum body. The most powerful Redmi to date comes in three variants, a selection of chipset, storage and RAM combination, these are the following:
1. Helio X20 + 3GB RAM + 32GB ROM = RMB1499 (Php10.6K)
2. Helio X25 + 3GB RAM + 64GB ROM = RMB1699 (Php12.0K)
3. Helio X25 + 4GB RAM + 128GB ROM = RMB1999 (Php14.1K)
The Media Helio X20 and Helio X25 belong to the same family and manufactured based on 20nm fabrication nodes. Both chipsets have tri-cluster arrangement, 2 Cortex-A72, 4 Cortex-A53 at higher frequency and another 4 Cortex-A53 at lower clock speeds. For X20 it is 2.3GHz (x2), 1.85GHz (x4) and 1.4GHz (x4) respectively, while the X25 has higher numbers at 2.5GHz, 2.0GHz and 1.55GHz. The two chipsets used ARM Mali-T880MP4 as its graphics processing unit, again the X25 has higher frequency at 850MHz compared to 700MHz of the X20.
See Also: Xiaomi Launches Mi QiCYCLE, Affordable Smart Folding Electric Bike
Going back to the Redmi Pro, aside from its very capable internals, it also features a nice set of cameras, a total of three to be exact, a 5MP one in the front for taking selfies and two on its back - a 13MP module as the main unit plus a 5MP as the depth sensor. As per Xiaomi, it can produce DSLR-grade bokeh, however, they did not mention whether the focusing (and re-focusing) can be done both before and after the shutter has been triggered, a phenomena available on the Huawei P9 series.
Other notable specs include a large 4,050mAh battery, fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C port and runs on Android Marshmallow. It will be available in China this coming August, but no mention yet if will reach other countries like the Philippines.
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Specifications:
- Dual SIM (nano+micro), dual standby, supports LTE connectivity, VoLTE
- 5.5-inch OLED capacitive FHD (1920x1080) touchscreen display, 100% NTSC
- Dimensions: 151.5mm x 76.2mm x 8.15mm
- Weight: 174 grams
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 2.5GHz dual core Cortex-A72 CPU + 2.0GHz quad core Cortex-A53e CPU + 1.55GHz quad core Cortex-A53 CPU, 850MHz ARM Mali-T880MP4 GPU, MediaTek MT6797T Helio X25 chipset
- 2.1GHz dual core Cortex-A72 CPU + 1.85GHz quad core Cortex-A53e CPU + 1.4GHz quad core Cortex-A53 CPU, 700MHz ARM Mali-T880MP4 GPU, MediaTek MT6797 Helio X20 chipset
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- 32GB/64GB/128GB of ROM, expandable up to 256GB via micro SD card, uses SIM 2 slot
- 13MP f/2.0 PDAF main camera + 5MP depth sensor camera, dual-tone LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP f/2.0 secondary camera
- Multimedia player
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- USB Type-C with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Sensors: fingerprint, accelerometer, light, proximity, gyro
- Battery: 4050mAh Li-Ion, non-removable
- Colors: silver, gold, gray
- Price: RMB1499, RMB1699, RMB1999