Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Announced; Dual Curved Display, Snapdragon 821, 128GB ROM, 6GB RAM, Starts at Php20K
|Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Announced; Dual Curved Display, Snapdragon 821, 128GB ROM, 6GB RAM, Starts at Php20K|
A few days ago, Xiaomi has announced a good looking smartphone that resembles a lot of that exploding device from a Korean brand, the Xiaomi Mi Note 2.
The Xiaomi Mi Note 2 boasts an ultra-thin flexible 5.7-inch display topped with 3D curved glass in a premium aluminum frame, a very similar design found on the Samsung Note 7. On the inside, it utilizes the fastest Qualcomm chipset to date, the Snapdragon 821, paired with up to 128GB of internal storage and a whopping 6GB of RAM. It also got an impressive 4070mAh power source with Quick Charge 3.0 support.
In terms of imaging capability, it packs a formidable SONY IMX318 main camera with the ability to shoot 22.56MP resolution still and record 4K video plus a dedicated 3-axis gyroscope for high-speed jitter detection and stabilization in real time. The front camera is not a slouch either, having an 8MP auto focus module with f/2.0 aperture.
See Also: Xiaomi Mi Max Prime Unveiled; Snapdragon 652, 4GB RAM, 128GB ROM for Php14K
Meanwhile, audiophiles will be glad that it has an AQSTIC audio processor for high dynamic, low distortion Hi-Fi sound quality. The other impressive features are USB Type-C port, NFC, dual SIM with LTE connectivity and runs on MIUI 8.0
Price wise, the 4GB+64GB variant has an SRP of RMB2799, the 6GB+128GB costs RM3299 for its home turf, while the 'Global Edition" will be sold for RMB3499. With its price and specs sheet, it is definitely a good buy, however, Hugo Barra himself said that it will be sold strictly in the Chinese market only. The good thing is that, local merchants who do parallel imports already announced the Mi Note 2 pre-order.
Xiaomi Mi Note 2 Specifications:
- Dual Nano SIM, supports LTE
- 5.7-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, two-sided dual curves
- Front and back 3D curved glass
- Dimensions: 156.2mm x 77.3mm x 7.6mm
- Weight: 166 grams
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8.0 on top
- 2.35GHz dual core + 1.6GHz dual core 64-bit Kryo CPU, Adreno 530 GPU, Qualcomm MSMS8996 Snapdragon 821 chipset
- 4GB/6GB of RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 22.5MP f/2.0 EIS PDAF main camera with dual-LED flash, 4K video recording at 30fps
- 8MP f/2.0 auto focus secondary camera, 1080p video recording
- Multimedia player
- Hi-Res audio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth v4.2
- USB Type-C
- Sensors: fingerprint, accelerometer, e-compass, gyroscope, proximity, barometer
- Battery: 4,070mAh Li-Ion, non-removable, QC 3.0
- Color: black, gold silver
- Price: RMB2799, RMB3299, RMB3499