|Vivo V5 Coming To Philippines This November 23; 20MP Selfie Camera In Tow!|
The selfie-centric smartphone competition in the Philippines is already very stiff with many mobile brands highlighting this feature on their respective devices. But, things will about to get more intense with Vivo's latest offering, the Vivo V5.
The Vivo V5 was unveiled today in India and expected to be announced in the country this November 23. The handset sports a whopping 20MP front-facing camera, the highest resolution for a secondary shooter, at least as far as my knowledge is concerned. The sensor is made by Sony, an IMX376 to be exact, with f/2.0 aperture and LED flash too! That is something spectacular on paper, and I am already excited to try it out.
See Also: Vivo Y55 Unveiled in the Philippines; 5.2-inch HD, Octa Core Snapdragon 430 for Php7,990
The V5 is not just about selfie camera, it also got some good specs as well. It comes with a display that measures 5.5 inches diagonally and has 1280x720 pixels topped with Corning Gorilla Glass. Under the hood is a MediaTek MT6750 chipset that has 8 CPU cores clocked at 1.5GHz each paired with generous 4GB of RAM and reasonable 32GB of expandable storage.
Other major details worth mentioning are 13MP primary snapper, fingerprint sensor embedded at the home button, Asahi Kasei Microsystems AK4346 Hi-Fi audio chip, 3000mAh battery, and runs on Fun Touch OS 2.6 based on Android Marshamallow.
In terms of pricing, its SRP in India is INR17,980 or about 13K pesos when directly converted to our currency. Hopefully, it will be priced lower, especially that the V3 Max, their current flagship locally, is now only Php13,990.
Vivo V5 Specifications:
- Dual SIM, dual standby, supports LTE connectivity
- 5.5-inch IPS capacitive HD (1280x720) touchscreen display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Dimensions: 153.8mm x 75.5mm x7.6mm
- Weight: 154 grams
- Android 6.0 Marshamallow with Fun Touch OS 2.6
- 64-bit octa core CPU Cortex-A53 (4x1.5GHz + 4x1.0GHz), ARM Mali-T860MP2 GPU, MediaTek MT6750 chipset
- 4GB of RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD, uses SIM 2 slot
- 13MP PDAF main camera with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 20MP f/2.0 Sony IMX376 secondary camera with LED flash
- Multimedia player
- AKM AK4376 DAC
- FM Radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensor: fingerprint, accelerometer, light, proximity, compass
- Battery: 3000mAh Li-Ion, non-removable
- Colors: gold, gray
- Price: INR17,980 (Php13K)