|SKK Mobile Neo|
I first spotted the SKK Mobile Neo last September 8 and it was the cheapest dual-core that time. It boasts 1GHz dual-core CPU, Mali-400 GPU and 3.5" touchscreen LCD of HVGA resolution. It runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 out of the box.
|SKK Mobile Neo CPU-Z Info|
- Dual SIM , Dual Standby
- 3.5" capacitive HGA touchscreen display, 3-point multi-touch
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- 1GHz Cortex-A7 Dual Core CPU, Mali-400 GPU, MediaTek MT6572 chipset
- 256MB of RAM
- 256MB internal, expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- 5MP main camera without LED Flash
- 2MP secondary camera
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Hotspot, WiFi Direct
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- Stereo FM Radio
- Multi Media Player
- Micro USB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer and Sound
- 1100mAh removable battery
The MT6572 is a newer chip from MediaTek but it is based on Cortex-A7 which we all know a little inferior than the Cortex-A9 in the MT6577. One advantage though is the 28nm semiconductor process (versus 40nm) which makes the Cortex-A7 more power efficient.
|SKK Mobile Neo Retail Package|
The retail package includes the unit with screen protector pre-installed, battery, wired headset, charger and USB combo, warranty card and manual.
The Antutu score is higher than the MyPhone A818g we reviewed last May (9547 versus 8421) although they have the same screen size and resolution.
The build quality is OK, it has a nice and solid feel. One thing you need to have when you buy this phone is the memory card for the storage expansion since it only has 256MB on-board. As usual, a full review will be done in a few days.