|Cherry Mobile Cosmos One Plus Unboxing, Hands-On and Initial Impression|
Cherry Mobile is very well-known for their devices that are rock-bottom affordable, yet have specs that are more than acceptable for its asking price, and it remains true even with their current flagship, the Cherry Mobile Cosmos One Plus.
The Cosmos One Plus sports a 5.5-inch IPS display with full HD resolution covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection. It runs on the octa core MediaTek MT6595M chipset that has 2GHz quad core Cortex-A17 CPU plus another 4 Cortex-A7 CPU cores clocked at 1.7GHz each combined with a mouth-watering 3GB of RAM.
The Cosmos One Plus is the first smartphone from Cherry Mobile to have that kind of configuration. Among local brands, its main rival is the Starmobile Knight X. They have similar specs, but the One Plus is 2000 pesos cheaper, it has an SRP of Php13,999 compared to Knight X's Php15,999.
To know more about this phablet, please kindly see the embedded YouTube video below.
Unboxing and Hands-on Video
Based on initial test, it scored about 46K in Antutu and more than 22K in the Quadrant. Its screen supports up to 5-point touch and CPU Z shows that it has really MT6595 SoC. In addition, the FREE Smart Cover works as it should, its window displays notifications, time and music controls
We will do our full review soon, so please kindly visit TeknoGadyet every once in a while and follow us on our social media for more updates.
- Quad band 2G, triple band 3G/LTE
- Dual micro SIM, dual standby
- 5.5-inch IPS capacitive FHD (1920x1080) touchscreen display, 5-point touch, Corning Gorilla Glass 2 protection
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat, Upgradable to Android Lollipop
- 2GHz quad core Cortex-A17 CPU + 1.7GHz quad core Cortex-A7 CPU, PowerVR G6200 GPU, MediaTek MT6592M octa core chipset
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via micro SD card
- 14MP f/2.0 auto focus main camera with LED flash, Sony IMX214 CMOS sensor
- 8MP secondary camera
- Multimedia player
- FM Radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidu
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.0, LE
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, proximity, gyroscope, magnetic
- 2700mAh battery
- Price: Php13,999
- Freebies: pre-installed screen protector, smart case