|O+ 8.38 Announced, Quad Core KitKat Android Phone for Php3,395|
O+ USA announced today on their Facebook page their latest smartphone that is packed with unique innovations and great features, the O+ 8.38.
The O+ 8.38 boasts a 4.5-inch display FWVGA resolution, which translates to 218 PPI. Under the hood is a 1.3GHz quad core processor, the chipset is unknown, but we bet it is made by MediaTek, probably the MT6582.
Related: O+ Grande Unboxing and Review, For Your Movie Viewing Pleasure
There is 4GB of internal storage plus an expansion slot that can hold up to 32GB micro SD card. The RAM is not mentioned though, we hope it is 1GB, but there is also a possibility that it will only have 512MB.
Other specs include dual SIM dual standby with 3G connectivity, WiFi, Bluetooth, 5MP main camera with flash, VGA secondary camera, FM radio, 1700mAh battery and runs on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The Oplus 8.38 has a retail price tag of Php3,395, it is now available nationwide with three color options, namely black, blue and pink.
Related: O+ USA 360 Unboxing and Review, Full Circle
- Quad band 2G, dual band 3G
- Dual SIM (regular+micro), dual standby
- 4.5-inch FWVGA (854x480) capacitive touchscreen display
- Dimensions: 131mm x 66.4mm x 10mm
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Cortex-A7 CPU, Mali-400MP2 GPU, MediaTek MT6582 chipset (TBC)
- 1GB of RAM (TBC)
- 4GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via micro SD
- 5MP main camera with LED flash
- VGA secondary camera
- Multimedia player
- FM Radio
- 3.5 audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensor: accelerometer, light, proximity
- 1700mAh battery
- Price: Php3,395
Source: O+ USA