|ASUS ZenPad S 8.0 Launched in the Philippines, 2K Display Intel Atom Z3580 CPU 4GB RAM with Active Stylus|
Along with the ASUS ZenPad C and ASUS ZenPad 7.0, ASUS Philippines also unveiled locally their much awaited flagship tablet, the ASUS ZenPad S 8.0.
Like its two siblings, the ASUS ZenPad S 8.0 (Z580CA) is a fashionable tablet with luxurious looks and stylish appeal. But it is not just about style, it also boasts strength, in fact, it is the most powerful ZenPad ASUS has created to date.
The ZenPad S sports an 8-inch display with a whopping 2K reference resolution, which translates to about 320 pixels per inch. It has an IPS panel for better viewing angles, ASUS Tru2Life+ VisualMaster technology for more vivid display and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for added protection. It also has an active pen support and comes with an ASUS Z Stylus that provides 1024 pressure sensitivity levels for pinpoint accuracy giving you a more natural drawing and writing experience.
|Back of ASUS ZenPad S 8.0|
On the inside, it has the same internals with the high-end ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML, a 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580 quad core processor coupled with 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM and a huge 64GB of ROM. If the internal storage space is not enough, just pop-in a micro SD card for added storage up to 128GB. On top of that, it also comes with lifetime 5GB ASUS Webstorage and 100GB of Google Drive space for two years.
In terms of multimedia capability, it has an 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture and 5MP front camera, both of which have PixelMaster technology for stunning photos. It also features DTS-HD Premium Sound plus SonicMaster technology for an immersive audio experience. Moreover, there is also a separate accessory called ASUS Audio Cover that can provide 5.1 channel surround sound.
If I am not mistaken, this device is also the first ASUS tablet to use the latest USB Type-C interface. Other specs worth mentioning are 4000mAh battery, runs on Android Lollipop and amazingly thin at 6.6mm. It will be available this August for Php16,995.
ASUS ZenPad S 8.0 Z580CA Specifications:
- 8-inch IPS capacitive QXGA (2048x1536) touchscreen display, Active Pen support, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Dimensions: 203.2mm x 134.5mm x 6.6mm
- Weight: 298 grams
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with ZenUI
- 2.3GHz 64-bit quad core CPU with 4 threads, PowerVR Series 6 - G6430 GPU, Intel Atom Z3580 chipset
- 4GB of RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD card
- 8MP auto focus main camera
- 5MP secondary camera
- Multimedia player
- 2 front speakers with DTS-HD Premium Sound
- FM Radio
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi Hotspot, Wireless Display
- USB Type-C
- Bluetooth v4.1 LE
- Sensors: accelerometer, light, gyroscope, hall
- 4000mAh (15.2Wh) Li-Po non-removable battery
- Price: Php16,995