|Meizu m3s Announced; 1.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750, 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM for Less Than Php5K|
|Meizu m3s in Silver|
Similar to its original counterpart, the Meizu m3s features a 5-inch display with 1280 x 720 resolution along with 2.5D curved glass. It also sports the very same MediaTek MT6750 chipset, complete with an octa-core CPU and a Mali-T860 GPU.
It's offered in two variants – the base model features 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM, while the higher option features 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM. The Meizu m3s also comes with a 13MP primary camera with an f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, and PDAF, as well as a 5MP f2.0 selfie shooter on the front. And of course, Flyme OS 5.1 is also on board.
Also Read: Meizu M2 Note Announced, Full HD 64-bit Octa Core LTE
There are some notable changes, however. For one, its battery gets upgraded from 2,870mAh to 3,020mAh. It's also a bit bigger now with its dimensions at 141.9mm x 69.9mm x 8.3mm, but only by a relatively small amount, and it's heavier by 6g as well. The most important upgrade seems to be the home button now doubling up as a fingerprint scanner for an extra layer of security.
The Meizu m3s will be available for a starting price of RMB699 (less than 5K in Philippines) in China, and it will come in several color options including pink, rose gold, silver and gray.
Meizu m3s Specs:
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900
- 3G: HSDPA 900/1900/2100
- 4G: LTE
- Dual nano SIM, dual standby
- 5.0-inch HD (1280x720) touchscreen display
- Dimensions: 141.9mm x 69.9mm x 8.3mm
- Weight: 138 grams
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Flyme OS 5.1
- 1.5GHz quad core Cortex-A53 CPU + 1GHz quad core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-T860 GPU, MediaTek MT6750 chipset
- 2GB/3GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via a micro SD card
- 13MP Camera, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP Camera , f/2.0 aperture
- Multimedia player
- micro USB
- 3.5mm audio jack
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, fingerprint
- Battery: 3,020mAh
- Color: Pink, Rose Gold, Silver, Gray
- Price: starts at RMB699