|Dell Introduces Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft|
Dell has launched a new hybrid cloud system, the first of its kind in the cloud industry, called Dell Hybrid Cloud System for Microsoft. As the name implies, this technology was developed together with Microsoft. This new hybrid solution is based on the new Microsoft Cloud Platform System Standard and will address the customer’s issues with cloud adoption such as complexity and the high-risk nature of the technology due to control not being transparent.
This modular hybrid cloud solution technology, with CPS Standard at its core, aims to provide simplified and exceptional hybrid cloud control for Microsoft Azure and other cloud environments. It operates in the fast-paced Dell modular infrastructure with pre-configured Microsoft CPS software.
Availing this service, customers can enjoy:
- On-premises private cloud, with consistent Azure public cloud access in less than three hours, and minimized downtime with unified system updates that are non-disruptive, fully automated, dependency-aware and smart-sequenced.
- Unified, simplified private-with-public cloud management and consumption control across Windows Azure Pack (WAP), Azure and other cloud services.
See Also: Dell Announces PowerEdge R830 and R930
Also unveiled at the product launch is the following Dell Cloud solutions:
- New Dell Administrator for Office 365 for more secure and controlled Office 365, Sharepoint and OneDrive deployment on Microsoft stack.
- New Dell Foglight for Virtualization 8.3 for managing functionality and performance from the virtual and physical server layer to enhance speed of private cloud environments running on Dell servers.
- The Dell Cloud Clinical Archive is a cloud-based, vendor-neutral clinical archive used by medical practitioners and providers to access more than 10 billion images and 100 million medical studies.