Huawei GR5 2017 (aka Honor 6X or Mate 9 Lite) Now in the Philippines; Dual Rear Cameras for Php13,990
|Huawei GR5 2017 (aka Honor 6X or Mate 9 Lite) Now in the Philippines; Dual Rear Cameras for Php13,990|
Announced around October of last year, the Huawei GR5 2017 also known as Honor 6x or Mate 9 Lite in some regions is now officially available for purchase in the Philippines.
The Huawei GR5 2017 arrives about ten months after its predecessor, and with the positive reception of the GR5 2016 (aka Honor 5x), there is no doubt the Chinese smartphone brand is banking on its success. Just like before, its screen still measures 5.5 inches diagonally with IPS technology and Full HD resolution housed in all metal body. Sad thing though, it seems that it also does not have protective glass as there is no mention about this feature.
On the inside, it ditches the foreign chipset of its older brother, and choose the one raised from its home, the HiSilicon Kirin 655 that has an octa core Cortex-A53 processor with up to 2.1GHz clock frequency paired with dual core Mali-T830 graphics unit. In terms of RAM and ROM, the one that lands in the local market come with 3GB and 32GB respectively.
Also Read: Huawei GR5 Review: Mid-Range, New Heights
Going deeper with the dual-camera, the rear setup comes with a 12MP sensor plus another 2MP, and has a manual mode. This is a bit different to the usual norms, wherein both shooters have the same resolutions, such as two 8MP modules found on the Honor 6 Plus (the first Huawei device to have this feature), and the two 12MP Leica-branded in the Huawei P9/P9 Plus.
According to Marlon Geronimo of Intogadgets, you can get yours for a retail price tag of Php13,990.
Huawei GR5 2017 (Honor 6X, Mate 9 Lite) Specifications
- Dual nano SIM, dual standby, supports LTE connectivity
- 5.5-inch IPS capacitive FHD (1920x1080) touchscreen LCD
- Dimensions: 150.9mm x 76.2mm x 8.2mm
- Weight: 162 grams
- Android Marshmallow with Emotion UI 4.1
- 64-bit 2.1GHz Cortex-A53 CPU + 1.7GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, ARM Mali-T830MP2 GPU, HiSilicon Kirin 655 chipset
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD card, uses SIM 2 slot
- 12MP + 2MP PDAF main cameras with LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 8MP secondary camera
- Multimedia player
- 3.5mm audio jack, DTS audio
- GPS with A-GPS & GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.1
- Sensors: fingerprint, accelerometer, light, proximity
- Battery: 3340mAh lithium-ion, non-removable
- Price: Php13,990
- Colors: gold, gray, white