|Huawei P10 Now Official; Boasts Leica Selfie Camera|
Huawei mobile devices, especially those positioned in the upper segment, continue to improve every year. The successor of the previous generation brings more innovations and exciting features, just like the newly announced Huawei P10.
The Huawei P10 offers a similar, if not the same, 1080p IPS-NEO LCD touchscreen display with the Huawei P9, however, the screen size is 0.1-inch smaller. On the other note, the top protective glass is the fifth generation Corning Gorilla, making it stronger and more resistant to scratches. On the inside, it uses the same HiSilicon Kirin 960 found on the Huawei Mate 9, which is composed of four Cortex-A73 CPU cores clocked at 2.4GHz each plus four Cortex-A53 cores clocked at 1.8GHz, paired with octa core ARM Mali-G71 graphics processing unit. The volatile memory and built-in storage remain the same as the previous iteration at 4GB and 64GB respectively.
See Also: Huawei GR5 2017 (aka Honor 6X or Mate 9 Lite) Now in the Philippines; Dual Rear Cameras for Php13,990
Just like before, the Chinese manufacturing giant puts a lot of efforts in the camera department, and it stays true with the P10. The main camera uses the same hardware as the Mate 9, that is dual 20MP + 12MP f/2.2 shooters with Leica optics, OIS and hybrid auto focus. What is more interesting is the front snapper, now also Leica-powered with f/1.9 aperture and 8MP resolution, it offers amazing self portraits even in less ideal conditions as it captures 2x more light. Moreover, there is a new Portrait Mode, that combines Beautification, Variable Aperture and other software trickery for awesome images.
The other noteworthy specs are fingerprint scanner embedded on the Home key, 3200mAh battery with Super Charge technology, dual SIM with LTE connectivity, and runs on Android Nougat with the latest Emotion UI 5.1 on top. It will be available in March, and the Philippines is one of the countries to get it first hand. For the price, it will be sold for 649 euros, just like the P9 SRP when it was launched in April of last year. When you convert that to our currency, that is about 35K, hopefully, it will follow its predecessor and will be priced lower than that when it reach the local shore.
Huawei P10 Specifications:
- Dual Nano SIM, dual standby, supports LTE connectivity
- 5.1-inch IPS capacitive FHD (1920x1080) touchscreen display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Dimensions: 145.3mm x 69.3mm x 6.98mm
- Weight: 145 grams
- Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- 2.4GHz 64-bit quad core Cortex-A73 CPU + 1.8GHz 64-bit quad core Cortex-A53 CPU, ARM Mali-G71 MP8 GPU, HiSilicon Kirin 960 chipset
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- 32GB/64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via micro SD card up to 256GB, uses SIM 2 slot
- 20MP f/2.2 monochrome + 12MP f/2.2 hybrid autofocus main camera with dual LED flash, Leica-co-engineered, OIS, 4K video recording
- 8MP f/1.9 secondary camera, Leica-co-engineered, 1080p video recording
- Multimedia player
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual band
- USB Type C
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Sensors: fingerprint, accelerometer, light, proximity, magnetic, hall
- Battery: 3200mAh lithium-ion, non-removable, supports Super Charge
- Colors: dazzling blue, dazzling gold, prestige gold, rose gold, mystic silver, ceramic white, graphite black, greenery
- Price: 649 euros