|Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime Lands in PH for Php5,990; 5-inch Quad Core LTE Android M|
Samsung Philippines officially unveiled yesterday its latest "prime" device, an entry-level offering that packs considerably good specs with a reasonable price tag, the Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime sports a 5-inch display with 540x960 resolution, giving it a pixel density of about 220PPI, and just like the SG J7 Prime, it ditched the AMOLED screen of its 2016 sibling in favor of the PLS TFT panel. Thankfully, it uses far better chipset than the previous J2, it is now equipped with MediaTek MT6737T that has 64-bit quad core Cortex-A53 CPU clocked at 1.4GHz each paired with Mali-T720MP2 GPU, as opposed to the Spreadtrum SC8830 that has 32-bit quad core Cortex-A7 CPU and Mali-400MP2 GPU of the older variant. In terms of RAM and ROM, both have 1.5GB and 8GB respectively.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Review; Grade A
Moving on the camera department, both devices are equipped with 8MP f/2.2 auto focus main camera with LED flash, and 5MP f/2.4 selfie shooter. The advantage of the new SKU is the front facing LED flash to help users take clear self-portray photos even at night or when there is a less favorable lighting condition. Other notable specs are dual SIM with LTE connectivity, 2600mAh battery, and runs on version 6.0 of Android OS or commonly known as Marshmallow.
It will be available starting February 18 for a suggested retail price of Php5,990.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime Specifications:
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- 3G: 850/900/1900/2100MHz
- FDD LTE: B1/3/5/7/8/28
- TDD LTE: B38/40
- Dual Micro SIM, dual standby
- 5-inch PLS TFT capacitive qHD (960x540) touchscreen display
- Dimensions: 144.8mm x 72.1mm x 8.9mm
- Weight: 160 grams
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 64-bit 1.4GHz quad core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-T720MP2 GPU, MediaTek MT6737T chipset
- 1.5GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via micro SD, uses SIM 2 slot
- 8MP auto focus f/2.2 main camera with LED flash, 720p video recording
- 5MP f/2.4 secondary with LED flash
- Multimedia player
- 3.5mm audio jack
- FM Radio
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Micro USB 2.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity
- Battery: 2600mAh, removable
- Colors: silver, gold
- Price: Php5,990