|Firefly Mobile Allure 64 LTE Hands-on and Initial Impression|
After the announcement of the Intense 64 LTE, Firefly Mobile has become a steady part of the spotlight, showing off great devices one after the other. The latest one that caught the local tech scene by surprise is the Firefly Mobile Allure 64 LTE.
The Firefly Mobile Allure 64 LTE boasts a 5.5-inch display with HD resolution, IPS and OGS technology plus 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for better viewing pleasure and added protection. On the inside is a 64-bit MediaTek MT6752 octa core processor clocked at 1.7GHz each coupled with a whopping 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM and a generous 16GB of internal storage. It also features a 360-degree biometric scanner embedded in its home button, which allows you to unlock it conveniently and more secure.
Related: Firefly Mobile Intense 64 LTE Hands-on, Extreme Strength
The front is the most interesting piece of hardware, here you will find the 8MP secondary accompanied by an LED flash, earpiece grill and sensors just above the stunning display. Speaking of display, there is a black stripe in between the screen and the lower bezel. Below it you have the fingerprint sensor that doubles as a home button flanked by menu and back buttons.
The back cover is made of plastic and has a matte-finish. Here, you can find 13MP Sony IMX214 camera with a metallic ring band, directly below it is the single LED flash.
The 3.5mm audio jack together with the micro USB port can be found on top of the phone. Meanwhile, the precision-drilled 6 pieces loudspeaker grills along with primary microphone are both located at the bottom.
Related: Firefly Mobile Intense Mini, 4.5-inch Octa Core for Php4,499
The right side has nothing on it while the left side has the volume keys and power button.
Design wise, there is no doubt that it resembles a lot of the iPhone 6 Plus looks, the iconic home button as well as the length and width are almost the same. Although it is somewhat a copycat, it still feels and looks premium, thanks to its sturdy build quality and aluminum-magnesium alloy frame.
Checking the about phone shows that it is indeed running on Android Lollipop and has 3GB of RAM. We also managed to run some benchmark applications and the results are about 44K, 72fps and 16K for Antutu, Nenamark2 and Quadrant respectively.
The Firefly Mobile Allure 64 LTE has the best-in-class specs, especially if you put into consideration its asking price, in fact, it is even cheaper that the international pricing of its OEM (Ulefone Be Touch). The spec-to-price ratio is so high that all you can say is wow! Moreover, this is the first device to feature a fingerprint sensor under the Php8K mark.
Firefly Mobile Allure 64 LTE Specifications
- Quad band 2G/36/LTE
- Dual SIM (regular+micro), dual standby
- 5.5-inch IPS OGS HD (1280x720) capacitive touchscreen display, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android Lollipop
- Dimensions: 158mm x77.4mm x 8.6mmm
- Weight: 160 grams
- 1.7GHz 64-bit octa core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-T760MP2 GPU, MediaTek MT6752 chipset
- 3GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD
- 13MP BSI auto focus main camera with LED flash, Sony Exmor RS IMX214
- 8MP BSI secondary camera with LED flash
- 360-degree biometric fingerprint scanner
- Multimedia player
- 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Micro USB 2.0 with OTG support
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Sensor: accelerometer, light, proximity, orientation, magnetometer, hall
- 2,900mAh Li-ion removable battery, quick charging
- Price: Php7,999
- Freebies: phone case, tempered glass and 2 pieces screen protector