Together with the announcement of Vibe Z, S650 and S930, Lenovo Mobile also unveiled an A-Series smartphone in the name of A859.
The Lenovo A859 has similar innards with the its two S-Series siblings. It is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor from a newer MediatTek MT6582 chipset, has 8GB of on board storage and 1GB of RAM.
- Dual SIM , Dual Standby, Supports 3G
- 5" capacitive HD IPS touchscreen LCD (1280x720)
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2
- 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 Quad Core CPU, Mali-400MP2 GPU, MediaTek MT6582 chipset
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- 8MP auto focus main camera with LED Flash
- 1.6MP secondary camera
- GPS with A-GPS support
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Hotspot
- 3.5 Audio Jack
- Stereo FM Radio
- Multimedia Player
- Micro USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v3.0
- 2250mAh Li-Po Battery
Even though it has a larger (5-inch vs. 4.7 inch) screen and better resolution (720p vs. qHD) than the S650, the A859 is still cheaper by 10 dollars.
It cost just USD219 dollars or just about 9,600 pesos before taxes. This is almost similar to the price of the Lenovo A850 (Php9,999) which was released locally last October 2013.